The Galactic Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abbidon... the lonely planet.

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Abbidon... the lonely planet. - Page 3 Empty Re: Abbidon... the lonely planet.

Post by The Galactic Empire 25th February 2015, 2:47 pm

Queseon's blade met with Vader's wrist and severed his hand, made evident by an explosion of sparks where his hand once was. After the sparks had cleared, Queseon could see that Vader's hand was mechanical. He reached out with his other hand and recovered his Lightsaber.

"You ignorant boy! You know nothing!" Queseon could feel Vader's anger rising greatly, as if he were a nuclear bomb waiting to explode. "Love is a tool of the Dark Side, love can bring you to decisions you would not normally make, it can cause you to come to conclusions that are false. Love will blind you and it cannot be trusted, this is why both the Sith and the Jedi purge love from their minds. Out of all of the emotions, love is the most deceptive and the most destructive." Just then Vader released a wave of Dark Side energy so powerful it stripped away Queseon's flesh and destroyed his body. His death was quick and nearly painless.

---

Queseon awoke in a place made of pure light. As far as the eye could see, there was nothing but light. There were no shadows cast, there was no obvious source of light... it was just there.

From the light a figure emerged, a young man dressed in Jedi robes.

"Queseon, I've waited some time to meet you. Know, that you are no longer in the memory your master put you in. I've taken you into another plane of existence, you are standing in the middle of the afterlife my boy. No, you're not dead... only visiting. Not many get to see this place before arriving here, it is a rare privilege granted to those who need it most." The man paused, "Oh! I nearly forgot to introduce myself. I am Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker, I was once known as Darth Vader of the Sith."
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

http://thegalacticempire.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 25th February 2015, 11:17 am

Queseon would have screamed. But he couldn't. Instead he choked, and clutched his stomach. Yes, he'd indeed misunderstood this man. But why? Why was it that such deep love would cause evil to take over? What about him? What about the love he had for his father and his homeplanet? Would it lead him to the Dark Side? Would it lead his own father to that wrong end?

Before Vader could hit him a second time, Queseon rolled to the side and quickly lifted his lightsaber, hitting Vader's left wrist in an attempt to disarm him. But that would be far from enough. "Why end you now?.." Queseon gritted his teeth, one hand over his bleeding abdomen. "I'm learning quite a lot from you... From your experiences... From your very presence."

"You only grow stronger... But what has that led to?" Queseon calmed himself again and prepared for the next attack. "How many more lives must be lost, for that of your wife? I can see... That you were a Jedi once... Were you not told that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?" Really, Queseon felt bad for saying that. His father had said that no matter who anyone was, if they needed help, they would be given it. But this was what he was learning now...

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 24th February 2015, 12:22 pm

"You are such a fool. You understand so little about me, yet you claim to know my intentions." Vader struck Queseon hard and their Light Sabers clashed and locked. Vader's head was now only inches from Queseon's, he could feel Vader's breath as it escaped his mask. "You think I did this for power? You think that evil can only be born through a lust for power. You may be strong in the Force, but you are still but a Padawan. Love, Queseon, love is what brought me to this point in time. I did this to save her, to save my children. But I could not save them, but someday I will know how to bring her back. Padme, my wife." Vader threw Queseon with the Force and he hit his back hard against a tree. Vader spoke as he calmly walked towards Queseon. "You have similar motivations, you want to save the ones you love. The Dark Side will use your love and you will become nothing but a pawn for our designs." He raised his blade and swung down to strike Queseon in the gut. He could feel the searing pain as the Light Saber slashed across his stomach, burning his abdominal flesh.

"With that much power, why not strike me down? Do you know how many Jedi I have slain? I lost count many years ago, and you are the next in my long line of victories. Prepare to die!" Vader leaped towards Queseon.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 24th February 2015, 9:20 am

"If I'm weak, then what are you?" asked Queseon, taking a very deep breath. His crest folded, and his body's glow turned to a soft blue. He made a semicircle with his arms, pushing away Vader's hold, and levitated about a foot from the ground before landing on both feet gently. While his right arm returned to his side, his left stayed extended to catch his lightsaber, which had rolled off when he was lifted by his opponent just a few moments ago.

"You caved in under the weight... For something you couldn't do... You betrayed those who trusted you, and even loved you... All for power... How could you do such a thing?" the Prince continued, frowning. He shouldn't be prying into memories, but he couldn't help it. The war around him raged on, but he felt only peace. The kind he'd never felt before. Actually, he had felt it once. But that was seconds only after he was born, when his mother held him and smiled at him, and died. The Idahrian Prince continued using the technique taught to him by the Imperial Guard as he defended himself from Darth Vader.

The Prince had a hand behind his back as he jumped about, defending more rather than attacking. For some reason he was hesitating to. Like always. On Idahria he would always prefer to release a predator rather than kill it. According to the Imperial Guard, he was simply too soft. This pleased his father, who also was soft in a way. But the Prince was very different. He was willing to give for nothing, and rather than kill, would always show mercy and compassion, as he did with Nerrocen, who had disrespected and even threatened him. Though he wasn't aware that the General was dead.

"What does it feel like? Having all this power? Does it make you feel better getting to be above everyone else?.." Queseon shook his head, using both hands now as he swung twice, from above and from the side. "I wouldn't enjoy that feeling... I want to be with everyone, always, no matter what... I may be a Prince, but I consider all Idahrians as my brothers and sisters. No one is lower, or of no use... My father taught me that..."

Then he realized what he'd been saying the whole time, and laughed a genuine laugh. It was sweet and innocent. "I'm sorry... But I'd prefer if you just stopped fighting... I'd prefer if you just left... Go home and think your life over." he swung again, pressing Vader's lightsaber dangerously close to his neck. "I don't want to fight, hurting anyone... But if I have to... Know that I will."

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 20th February 2015, 10:14 pm

Suddenly Queseon could feel a massive amount of energy surging through his body, he felt as though he would burst at the seams. The energy was that of the Force, having given himself over completely to the Light Side he had transcended his former self. The full power of the Light Side was now at his command, he felt Vader's grip loosen as the Light overpowered the Dark. Queseon could FEEL his surroundings, as if they were part of him. He could feel the intricate web that connects all life, and suddenly everything became clear to him.

"What?! This isn't possible, only a Jedi Master can be this powerful. Who are you?! You cannot be Queseon, he is weak! What is this trickery?!" Vader lunged forward and swung his Lightsaber at Queseon.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 20th February 2015, 1:46 am

The Prince closed his eyes, but could only move his fingers. The searing pain in his chest was unbearable as he continued to struggle. But another thought passed his mind. He could save the ones he loved? By becoming one of these Sith? Queseon groaned and tried to move again.

He had a choice. But he wasn't weak, and he sure wasn't stupid. He knew what happened when he was too angry. He could have died the night before, to those strange predators. Anger and hatred were tools of the Dark Side. And the young Prince could feel much anger from this armoured man. Queseon suddenly felt tears, and stopped struggling. He didn't want power. He simply wanted to protect. And what was happening here was the opposite. Queseon would rather create, repair, rather than destroy.

"DO IT!" he screamed, his voice raspy. He was frightened. It all seemed so real, and the pain only got worse by the second. Gathering up the courage given him by his bloodline, he went on to struggling again, yelling at the top of his lungs, if he even had them. If he was going to die, he wouldn't be a coward about it. "YOU CAN'T FOOL ME! I WON'T JOIN YOU! I WON'T KILL FOR NO REASON! I WON'T DO IT FOR POWER! I WILL NEVER FALL TO THE DARK SIDE!"

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 20th February 2015, 12:34 am

The Sith grabbed Queseon with the Force and stopped him dead in his tracks, he lifted him into the air and he could feel the life slowly leaving his body.

"Did your master not tell you who I am? She is such a fool she may have forgotten my name, she has never been known for detailed information. I am Darth Vader and Lord of the Sith, I was chosen by prophecy to bring balance to the Force, and I did just that. By exterminating the Jedi and their filth from the galaxy. Your master is weak and you know it boy, the Jedi cannot offer you power... only servitude. Servitude to an archaic view of the Force, the Jedi want you to limit your abilities to their narrow dogmatic view. Join the Dark Side and you can have ultimate power, even the power to save the ones you love. Join us, or die." He brought Queseon close enough that his red Lightsaber was aimed at Queseon's heart and he could feel the heat beginning to burn his flesh, which in the memory, is human.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 19th February 2015, 1:27 am

The young Prince gave no reaction, and simply complied. He waited for the memory to flow into his head, and he closed his eyes to be able to concentrate. As he was transported into this given memory, he felt light. Then, he was inside of it, and felt disoriented for a moment before looking down at his hands and realizing what had happened. Flashes from blasters and lightsabers were all around. It was a warzone, and Queseon had never been in one. He looked at the black armoured man, frowning. There were men that were dressed like the Galactic Empire's soldiers, the stormtroopers, but they were fighting for the wrong side, it seemed.

"So this is what war looks like..." he muttered softly, seemingly out of it as the Sith continued to approach. Queseon watched as he killed another Jedi with the Force.

Queseon then got out his lightsaber, holding it forward, away from himself with one hand. This was the way he was taught to hold a sword when he was just a young drone, being taught in the ways of the Idahrian Imperial Guard. Even still, thanks to the training, he could hopefully match this black-clad Sith. This was still after all, a part of his training to be a Jedi.

"That's not a very nice thing to say!" Queseon hissed at his opponent in reply to what he said about enjoying ending the Prince's existence, not intimidated at all, though he was shorter and smaller. Yoda was able to fight both Count Dooku and Darth Sideous. He should be able to manage fighting this man here.

And he pounced, keeping his mind on the fight, and nowhere else. Crest unfurled, he leaped over the black armoured man, his own lightsaber clashing with his enemy's red one. Behind, he was prepared to attack a second time. Queseon was worried now, but still ready. His enemy was able to react quickly. Who was he? Why did he look so different from all the others?

The Prince crouched low so that his legs were folded, and he jumped forward, at his opponents knees, lightsaber in front just in case a strike from above came. He planned to immobilize this enemy, but not kill him just yet. He needed to know why it was this had happened. Though he wasn't sure if a memory would be able to answer him.

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 17th February 2015, 7:20 pm

After Queseon had done the first exercise for an hour...

"Now you will switch to something new. Since everything that would challenge someone of your age from another species is little to no challenge for you, I will intensify your training. I am going to share a memory with you, once inside this memory you will assume the owner's identity and all actions from that point on are yours to make. This memory is as old as the Empire, it comes from the dark days when the Empire destroyed the Old Order of Jedi. You will be a Jedi Master who is defending a planet known as Kashyyyk, inhabited by people known as Wookies. This is a memory shared to me by my master, and it was shared to him by another. Prepare yourself." Telera put her hands on either side of Queseon's head, they were warm.

Instantly Queseon's vision was gone and he was falling down a long, dark hole. The next second he was in the middle of a battle, there were screams and inaudible roars. He could see people similar to Stormtroopers but not quite the same, they had blue stripes on their armor and were led by a man clad in all black armor wielding a red Lightsaber... and he was walking right towards Queseon. He noticed he looked the same as he did in reality and his body was his own. Everyone around him seemed to think they knew him, but he did not recognize anyone there.

The man in the black armor was now standing thirty feet from Queseon, his breath was electronic and raspy... his voice was that of the devil.

"There is nowhere left to run Jedi. I will enjoy ending your miserable existence." He began to move towards Queseon, but then a female Jedi leaped at the Sith. The Sith grabbed the female Jedi in midair using the Force, he broke her neck with a tweak of his hand and threw her like a piece of garbage.

Abbidon... the lonely planet. - Page 3 Dark_lord__the_rise_of_darth_vader_by_wraithdt-d5gtss9
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 17th February 2015, 11:51 am

After his failed attempt at lifting the asteroid, Queseon was immediately ready for the next phase of his training. He took one last glance at the large asteroid before sitting down and watching as Telera gathered some smaller stones for the next part of the session. He followed her closely with his eyes so as not to miss any details. While doing this he reminded himself to gain better control over his emotion and thoughts. He needed to be able to use the Force effectively, to save not only his father, but those others out there who needed him.

As Telera explained what Queseon was to do, he already took one rock and placed it in his lap. He folded his crest back over his head and held it up there, imagining how ridiculous he probably looked this moment. Then, he looked over to the first stone and closed his eyes. Slowly, but surely, it came off the ground and floated at about the same level as Queseon's head. Next, feeling his surroundings with his ethereal extensions, Queseon took the two other stones and lifted them more easily now that he was focused.

A few minutes later, they began to spin in a circle around the Prince's head, very slowly. Queseon's breathing was steady, and his body's glow was more visible. Then the stones moved faster, but not too fast. Queseon didn't seem bothered by the weight of the stone he was holding over his head, though he had to use his palms to hold it up, as his fingers were slippery. The stone could fall on his head.

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 16th February 2015, 3:22 pm

Telera laughed, "I didn't expect you to be able to lift it. There have been few Jedi and Sith with the talent to lift massive objects. There once was a Jedi known as Starkiller who brought an entire Star Destroyer out of orbit and crashed it into the planet's surface. You are strong with the Force, I know that some day you will accomplish extraordinary feats. If you had been able to lift that asteroid, well, I would have knighted you right there and declared you a full Jedi!" She laughed again. "Our use of the Force is only limited by our own minds and emotions, some have better control over these two factors than others and as a result have a better command of the Force. The biggest part of your training is mental and emotional discipline. I will teach you Alchaka. Take a seat on the ground." Telera looked around her and spotted some large soccer ball sized rocks. "You will hold one of these above your head with your arms as you meditate while you keep the other three in the air using the Force. You will do this for one hour every day after you wake, your first round of Alchaka begins now." Telera sat on the ground and began to meditate. "Concentrate, but don't force it. It must feel natural to be able to control your thoughts and make them flow in the direction you desire."

Alchaka:
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 16th February 2015, 8:28 am

Queseon was eager, but not that eager. He regretted ever asking what came next for his training. His Master now asked him to lift an asteroid with the Force. Seeing as it was capable of lifting most objects, Queseon guessed that it was possible to carry this thing, maybe even just a few feet. Perhaps even just move it an inch or two?

The Prince took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Because of the pressure exerted as he continued to push against the large rock, his body began generating astounding amounts of electricity that jumped from him onto the ground. Soon the young Prince was glowing, then he wasn't. Queseon was breathing heavily as he turned to face Telera, shaking his head and looking into his palms.

"I-I can't, Master... Can't lift it..." he said and looked up. What was she expecting from a beginner?

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 13th February 2015, 2:28 pm

"You see that mountain in the distance? It's not a natural formation of this planet, it is actually the remains of a large asteroid that collided with this planet millions of years ago. It is the biggest rock on any planet we know of... I want you to lift it from here using the Force."

READ:
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 13th February 2015, 1:40 am

The Prince was excited as he put the helmet, grinning all the while. He groped around for the lightsaber before getting up. He wondered for a moment what he was going to be in for. The sound of the lightsaber delighted him. It reminded him of an instrument his cousin used to play. That was, before he died, anyway. His smile faded at hearing Telera say that he was supposed to deflect lasers.

"Oh, dear."

And the sting came. He hopped forwards, rubbing his backside. He wasn't supposed to be affected if this were electricity. It took a while for Queseon to get his bearing and be able to deflect a few bolts, trying very hard to use the Force. As an extension of himself. He continued, as Telera wanted it, until he was exhausted and beginning to get irritated by the training remote. With determination, he learned well and was soon able to deflect every bolt fired by the remote.

"Thank you..." he sighed softly, and the helmet was pulled off his head and suspended in the air. Queseon's face was red with exhaustion. He didn't seem to realize that he was using the Force to hold the helmet. He got a bit too used to working with the remote that it extended to lifting the helmet. "Alright, Master. What's next?" the young Prince then asked eagerly, holstering his new lightsaber and stepping back.

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 11th February 2015, 1:57 pm

"Put on the helmet and make sure you cannot see anything, if you can still see we will add a blindfold." After Queseon had done so, Telera continued. "Now stand up and ignite your Lightsaber. We will perform an exercise that will teach you the basic principles of deflecting bullets and energy projectiles with your Lightsaber." Queseon could not see it, but Telera had released a training remote.

Abbidon... the lonely planet. - Page 3 Remote_btm

The training remote was a bit larger than a fist and it zipped around silently in the air, scanning for its target.

"Once you are ready to begin, get into a fighting stance. You will deflect energy bolts from this device I have released using the Force. Let the Force flow through you, think of the Force as an extension of yourself. Probe your surroundings and find your enemy, the rest will come with time." Once Queseon was in his fighting stance the training remote began firing painful bolts of energy at Queseon, almost all of them hit Queseon and only a few were deflected by his Lightsaber. It was a low intensity energy so the pain was closer to being bitten by a large insect.

"Good, keep that up until you can't do it anymore. By the end of the day you should be proficient in bullet deflection. This is a very important skill to know considering most of the enemies you face will have guns."

---

The end of the day had come, Queseon had been training with the remote all day without even seeing it with his own eyes. He had an accurate mental image of the remote in his head thanks to the Force.

"You may remove the helmet now, I think you've trained long enough." Telera told Queseon.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 11th February 2015, 8:00 am

Queseon continued to listen with a gleeful smile as he listened to Telera, holding the artifact to his waist. He was sort of waiting for her to take it from him, but instead she told him to hold it out and press the red button on its side. He did. The Prince seemed taken aback by the light and the sound.
But he got used to it quickly, basking in the strange heat coming from it. He smiled as Telera explained  how she was still around, and what the artifact was truly called.

"A lightsaber..." repeated the Prince, holding it with two hands. Immediately, he began swinging it around after Telera disappeared, reveling in the noise it made. Delightful. He knew how to use a sword, because as a drone, he had been taught many techniques. He was better with a spear, but using a fin as a sword had been taught to him as well.

Calming himself again, he returned the lightsaber to his belt for now and blacked out the eyes of a nearby helmet. It was dusty, but it wasn't like he could get allergies, anyway. The Prince later stepped out into the open, feeling his barrier around him. He stood in front of Telera a moment before sitting down in her position with the helmet in his lap.

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 10th February 2015, 12:18 pm

"The warding magic is in effect, and the field is strong. It will be sufficient to not only hide your existence from the predators, but it will prevent any creature that doesn't use the Force from harming you, if you should happen to be seen by one. As to your outburst earlier, you must understand, I have little to no physical influence over this realm. I am in another plane of existence, using the Force I can bridge the gap between our realms and communicate with you. Essentially, you are alone on this planet and only you can help you. All I can do is teach and watch, besides, I knew last night was not your time to die. Now, remove the artifact from your belt and hold it sideways to where both ends are facing AWAY from you. And then press the red circle attached to it." Telera watched as Queseon pressed the button.

A blade of bright orange hissed into existence from one end of the cylinder. It hummed as Queseon held it in his hands.

"This is a Lightsaber, the weapon of choice for Jedi. Anyone can use a Lightsaber but only a Jedi can make full use of it. This weapon can cut through almost anything, excluding plasma shielding. It is powered by a focusing crystal which channels the power of the Force for its wielder. Someday, when you are ready, I will take you to a place where you can build one of your own to your specifications and preferences. This weapon is your life, never lose it. With it you can do a great number of things, make a hasty exit out of a wall or floor, deflect bullets, dismember your opponent... the list goes on. But should you come across someone wielding a similar weapon, they will not cut through each other and will clash instead. The Sith also use weapons like this, I have never seen Lightsabers in use in this galaxy, but with the formation of a Jedi order will also come the inevitable formation of a Sith order. For every organization designed for good there are at least three designed for evil. Meet me outside and I will begin training you on the use of this weapon, grab that helmet over there and black out the eyes first. I will see you outside." Telera disappeared again, only to reappear outside the ship. She was seated on the ground cross legged again with her eyes closed.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 10th February 2015, 7:57 am

OOC: Collaboration between me and Kylie

The entire night after his first day of training, Prince Queseon Peredain didn't get a wink of sleep, keeping his phaser aimed at the door at all times. He didn't nod off, even once. He couldn't think of it. In this situation, he had to be completely alert. Good thing Idahrian Astelle were nocturnal, otherwise he'd be drowzy at this point. The constant banging on the blast doors gradually stopped, followed by a chorus of terrified screeches and squawks. Queseon decided to check the viewdeck behind him, out of reach of the strange and revolting creatures that had attempted to make a feast out of him.

With an exhausted sigh, Queseon nodded the creatures away. "Good riddance." he stuck his tongue out. When he turned around, his Master Telera was standing before him. He slid down, loosening his grip on his weapon. There wasn't much need for it now. The Prince struggled to regain his consciousness and forced himself up on his spring-like feet to pout at his Master. He grunted and pressed his knuckles against his hips. His crest was flaring in and out, seemingly in rhythm with his ominously flicking tail.

"How could you leave me like that?!" he cried, tears in his eyes and throwing his arms up, expressions of disbelief visible on his face, though Telera had commended him. "I mean, I know I survived, but what if I didn't?"

Even still, Queseon wasn't really angry. It was just the pent up frustration and exhaustion from the night before, finding an exit vent. The Prince gathered his weapon up again and grunted before stomping out of the bridge to do what was asked of him before Telera said anything more. An artifact, metallic and cylindrical, small and... Probably hard to spot in the darkness. But it was okay. Queseon wanted to get through this. With as little damage to himself as possible. So far, so good.

Holding the phaser to his waist, Queseon trudged on back towards the fallen Klingon cruiser, ignoring the distance between it and his own downed ship. His goal at this moment was to brave training and pass. This early on, as he walked to where he should find the artifact, he was reciting the phrase for the warding magic. He calmed himself down and wondered if it was working. And every now and then, he'd check around him if in case one of the predators tried to reach up and grab him. But nothing happened. Queseon reached the Klingon ship again, and entered through a hole in its massive hull.

The first corridor he explored was bright enough, with the light creeping in through gashes in the hull. For some reason, at the right time, the ship creaks and a beam swings down a few yards from Queseon's head. He quickly raises his phaser and blows it down the hall.

"Silly ship." he said under his breath, pushing on.

After a few hours of intensive exploration, Queseon successfully found the required artifact. Upon further wandering through the ruins, he found himself on top of the cruiser and gazing over the dunes of Abbidon. It looked nice, really, like an island on Idahria during a sunset. There, the little Prince settled down, placed the artifact in his lap and crossed his legs. He took a deep breath, laid his weapon down by his side, and repeated the warding magic phrase over and over.

Another two hours passed, and Queseon felt ready. He hoped he was. Without hesitation, after grabbing his weapon and securing the artifact to his belt, he jumped off the Klingon ship and landed on two feet. He didn't need to use the Force to do that. It was in the blood of all Astelle to be immune to damage from falls. Some could hover, but not fly, or speak with their minds.

Excited and quite pleased, Queseon re-entered his ship, contemplating what repairs it needed as he returned to the cockpit, waving the artifact about with his left hand.

"Princess!.. I mean, Commander!.. Uh, Master!.." he became confused with his words as he called out, checking the cockpit for any signs of Telera. "I've done it! And I practised the warding magic, too! How did I do? Ah.. Forgive me for my outburst earlier... I was simply... Frustrated." he added a lie.

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 10th February 2015, 12:30 am

The night continued without incident, the aliens were inside the ship ramming the blast door leading to the bridge. They had no fingers to activate switches and locked basic technical comprehension, they were essentially too dumb to open the door. Daytime came and the aliens fled as the sun's light illuminated the landscape. Queseon could see from the bridge's viewport that the aliens buried themselves in the sand in great mounds, entering a deep sleep until they sun went down again. It was at this time Telera appeared to Queseon.

"You did well, considering you failed at warding magic. Although you failed that lesson you managed to not die, you even accessed the Force in a way you have never done before. This failure bore a fruitful result I did not foresee, when I told you this journey was hazardous I wasn't kidding. The summer time predators are, to say the least, pathetic. Some regard them as comical, others, namely those eaten by them, fear them. The winter time bears predators that are a hundred times more lethal and cunning. At first you were afraid, but your instinct kicked in and worked alongside the Force. This is normally not achieved until later into training, you are doing quite nicely. Your next task is to continue working on the warding magic, now that you are out of harm's way it should be far more simple. After that, there is an artifact on this ship you must locate using the Force. Without this artifact your training will be much more difficult. The warding magic can extend to protect any area or size of area you wish. You are still learning so your warding magic may only be able to protect a small area, nearly the size of this bridge matter of fact. The artifact is a metal cylinder around a foot in length, or the size of a sword hilt. Now go and do these things and return here when finished."
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 9th February 2015, 2:34 am

"No... Don't leave me!" Queseon screamed after Telera, but a bladed tentacle descended, nearly decapitating him. He recoiled just in time. They looked disgusting, and planned on killing him.

After dodging another tentacle, he followed instinct and dropped down to four legs to hiss at the creatures around him. He was frightened, but determined to survive, he continued to fight. His backside was raised and his tail was poised to strike. Sparks of blue electricity were gathering at the tip of his tail. One of the creatures attempted to pounce Queseon with all of its four tentacles, but was stabbed in its middle eye. It screeched in pain as Queseon fried it out.

His voice sounded different now as he chirred, crowing at the approaching predators. He would move from one spot to the next, being smaller and faster. He figured these creatures weren't so bad. There were worse predators on Idahria, and he'd bravely challenged them all for his father's Empire. But even still, he kept from being cocky. He didn't even taunt them. He calmed down, and concentrated on defending himself.

The young Prince dashed through the crowds of predators, running like a true Astelle would, on all fours. He soon reached his ship and jumped up onto the hull, kicking one predator with his pointed feet as he did so. That creature fell upon another and died. Standing upon the edge of the Sheridanian ship, he looked at his hands as if there were an answer there.

"I can... I can feel it..." he said softly, then looking ahead. "Let go of all anger..." he continued.

Queseon then entered through one of the ship panels and moved to the cockpit. He retrieved a case he'd brought along with him. With the click of a button, the case expanded and activated. It was a light phaser, but good enough for this situation. He decided that until he could get some more advice he'd hold out inside the ship. He was able to get this far, but he could get exhausted, and eventually killed. He imagined what grief his father went through, having lost his wife to a predator. He would probably die if he learned his only child was killed by predators.

"Now what?.. Master?.." he called out, loading a capsule into the weapon. He could hear only his voice over all the screeching and taunting outside.

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 8th February 2015, 2:23 pm

"Queseon! Let go of your anger, it is not working because you are still holding onto it. This is a product of the Light Side, you cannot use warding magic while being influenced by the Dark Side. As long as you allow that to remain in your heart you will be influenced by the Dark Side, regardless of how strong you become." Telera twitched, she looked behind her and then turned back to Queseon. The sun was setting. "It's too late you fool, run." Telera disappeared as a long tentacle swooped down upon where she had been standing. The tip of the tentacle lodged in the ground and Queseon cold see the tentacle had something resembling a blade on the end of it. Then he saw it, it was essentially just a head but its tentacles were long and thick, not to mention they were deadly weapons as well.

Abbidon... the lonely planet. - Page 3 49561-468x-4769e811c813e_featured_without_text_duke4

Behind the creature he could see swarms of them unburying themselves from the desert sand and taking flight as they blotted out the skies... concealing the stars and the sun that had set. The creature in front of Queseon screamed, it sounded exactly like Telera's scream from his vision earlier, the sound was painful but it did not cause his ears to bleed this time. He could feel the creatures circling around him, waiting for the right moment to strike... after all, they had never sampled such a morsel before and were very excited.

"Look at the little thing, I bet he's nice and juicy." One creature said to the other.

"It's been soooooo long since we tasted alien flesh." Another laughed.

"I wonder where its friend might have gone, we should eat her too."

"Let me slice it up, we'll eat it right here! We don't even need to cook it."

"You idiot, first alien in a million suns and you don't want to cook it? Don't you want to savor the taste?"

"Yes of course."

"Enough talk, kill it before it does something smart."

"I hate smart."

Just then a tentacle tried to stab him, but Queseon could feel his body being guided by the Force. Perhaps he could run after all... but there were so many of them.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 8th February 2015, 7:36 am

Deep inside, Queseon was still angry. Angry at the thought that anyone could ever take advantage of his father's kindness. He recalled how Telera had indeed mercilessly ended that Wycriwth's life, not bothering to question him first. Queseon calmed himself as best he could, but that little tinge of fury in the back of his head urged him to defend his father as soon as possible. This was why he couldn't let go. After all his life being raised by his father, he felt a deep need to protect him from harm.

He nodded to Telera, taking a deep breath. He wasn't aware of these Streonians that Telera was talking about, but he figured by the fact that they'd destroyed a planet mean they were unpleasant.

Soon after that, the Prince was forced to hike across the desert planet. Something he'd never done before. After a while he stood there, glancing about, gathering heat. His body was losing moisture quickly with the temperatures, but he could manage, using a technique his father had taught him.

After that short unpermitted break, Queseon followed again, carefully observing his surroundings. He had never been to a desert before. It was always ice and water and humid jungles. Telera later explained how predators appeared after sunset, but was not intimidated, even a little. He thought for some reason about how ridiculous this process was. His decision would have been for nothing if he died here. He thought it was stupid, but he told himself the only way he could continue was to prevail. So he took another deep breath, reminded himself that his father and many others needed him, and followed after Telera.

"Dezzaega.. ki'axu.. kyfina... daxaxxe! Dezzaega.. ki'axu.. kyfina... daxaxxe! Dezzaega.. ki'axu.. kyfina... daxaxxe!" he repeated over and over, following the hand motions as well.

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 7th February 2015, 5:19 pm

Telera said nothing for a moment after Queseon's anger flash, she looked him dead in the eye.

"Control your anger Queseon, anger is a tool of the Dark Side. You saw me on Iodrillon, when I killed that Wycriwth the way I did. That was anger, that was the Dark Side trying to take hold of me. If it had not been for the Streonians destroying that planet at the right moment, I may have turned to the Dark Side. The destruction of that planet caused billions of deaths instantly and I was far too close to where it happened. You may think it selfish of me to say it was a good thing that all of those people died, but without their sacrifice I would have not been able to train you to be a better Jedi than I, and you would never be able to stop the Empire when it abandons its morals. Countless trillions of lives are counting on you to be the best Jedi you can, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Always remember, should you forget I will knock you down a notch. Is that understood Padawan?" Telera was calm, but her tone was one of authority and had to be taken seriously.

They walked through the desert for what seemed like days. Telera refused to allow Queseon to take a break, urging him along the way.

"If you stop now you will surely be eaten by the planet's native carnivore. I'm unsure of its name but I have been told it regards aliens as a delicacy. The Klingon ship we are going to, they were all eaten by these things. But I will teach you warding magic, another lost Jedi art that will prevent them from getting near you. But I will teach you only once we have arrived."

Eventually they arrived at the wrecked Klingon ship, it was the same ship Telera had shown Queseon in a vision.

"The sun is falling soon and the predators will be coming out to hunt. You must learn and perfect the warding magic or you will die tonight. Your deadline is when the sun is no longer in the sky. Listen to what I chant, once you know the words chant with me and copy my hands." Telera began to move her hands in front of her chest in a circular motion, her hands revolved around each other in a clockwise motion. "Dezzaega.. ki'axu.. kyfina... daxaxxe! Dezzaega.. ki'axu.. kyfina... daxaxxe! Dezzaega.. ki'axu.. kyfina... daxaxxe!"
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 7th February 2015, 12:49 pm

Suddenly, Queseon seemed greatly offended. He clenched his fists tightly and spread his crest out as he listened to Telera. The crest continued to pulse with bright red, until eventually, sparks of electricity were jumping out from the Prince. How could someone take advantage of his father?

He felt extremely angered that someone would use his father like that. He couldn't let it happen. Somehow he would have to try to stop it if and when it happened. There was now way that he could ever end up being part of this Dark Side. Queseon shook his head in denial and groaned softly.

"Unbelievable... No... My father wouldn't turn against me like that... In fact, he'd be very angry if he found out someone was trying to take advantage of him. He absolutely hates liars." he said to Telera as he stood up to do what he was told. "I'm sure he'll listen to me if I tell him. He told me himself, there's nothing more important to him than me and my mother, who passed away a long time ago."

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 6th February 2015, 4:19 pm

"There once was a man known as Palpatine. He was a member of the Galactic Senate which was the legislative body of the Galactic Republic, the Republic was the precursor to the original Galactic Empire. Palpatine rose to power and became Chancellor of the Republic but soon after a war started. The Separatist Alliance built a massive droid army and began to forcibly seize territory, the Republic had no army at the time and was powerless to defend itself. Over night the Republic gained a vast army from a race that specialized in mass-cloning. The war between the Republic and the Separatists is known as the Clone War. A war fought entirely by droids and clones, a fake war fought by fake leaders that cost countless lives. As it turned out, Palpatine had been the secret leader of the Separatists under the name Darth Sideous, we learned that day he was a Sith Lord. He declared himself Emperor, dissolved the Republic and instituted the first Galactic Empire... leaving him with supreme power over the galaxy. He also enacted Order 66, a top secret plan embedded in the minds of every clone trooper to eliminate their Jedi allies. The Jedi served as commanders and front line generals during the Cone War, they did not see it coming when their clone comrades suddenly turned their sights on them and fired. In a single day the Jedi Order was nearly annihilated, with only a handful of Jedi surviving." Telera paused. "The Galactic Empire of today is much different from the one of the past, it tolerates diversity and change, it accepts different races and shares space with anyone who is friendly to them. But underlying all of that is the Imperials need for conquest, it is in the blood of every Imperial to seek ultimate power by any means. Some day the Empire could yet again turn its back on morality, and if that day comes there is no doubt in my mind that your father will have no choice but to side with the Empire. Your father may be a good man now, but he is much too close to my father to be trusted. For years, my father has been using the Force to influence your father's decisions covertly... he is being aimed towards an end I cannot foresee. It is highly possible that if my father turns completely to the Dark Side then he will take your father as his apprentice, only to dispose of him when he has out lived his use. For now there is nothing you or myself can do but train. I will lead you now to where you will be staying for your training, it is an old starship that crashed here several decades ago. Find out what repairs your ship needs from the diagnostic console and bring it with us, you can salvage the other ship for parts you need."
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next