The Galactic Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting between Ecolan and Imperial Dignitaries

2 posters

Go down

Meeting between Ecolan and Imperial Dignitaries Empty Re: Meeting between Ecolan and Imperial Dignitaries

Post by The Galactic Empire 27th April 2015, 1:26 am

"As do I." The Admiral agreed.

Over the next few weeks hundreds of starships poured into orbit as garrison facilities and orbital defense systems were installed, the Ecolan military would receive re-training alongside modernized weapons, and the many unemployed people were put to work building the foundation of a new Ecolan infrastructure. The Imperial Navy assigned twelve Star Destroyers to the permanent defense of the Ecolan Union's home world.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

http://thegalacticempire.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Meeting between Ecolan and Imperial Dignitaries Empty Re: Meeting between Ecolan and Imperial Dignitaries

Post by Ecolan Union 26th April 2015, 1:21 pm

The King shook the admiral's hand. "Thank you. I look forward to seeing the prosperity of both our worlds, and the entire Coalition."
Ecolan Union
Ecolan Union

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 26th April 2015, 12:43 pm

"The Coalition will never ask for these funds to be repaid. The truth is, we're abundantly wealthy and we have a lot of money and resources to throw around. We have the means to do this, and as such it is our duty to do this. For the good of all it is necessary to help those that need it, with modern technology lone planets simply do not have the resources to be completely independent. The planet Idahria would still be behind nine hundred years technologically, had it not been for Imperial assistance." The Admiral removed his right glove and extended his right hand. "The shaking of my hand will biometrically sign an agreement created from our verbal exchange, as of now you are a member of the Coalition of Galactic Powers."
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecolan Union 26th April 2015, 11:56 am

"This is... Amazing. I believe that the Ecolan Union will join the Coalition. I only hope I can repay everyone involved in this in the future." King Staufen said. The king made his decision, and waited to see if the admiral had anything else to say.
Ecolan Union
Ecolan Union

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 25th April 2015, 8:49 pm

"The funds used to pay the workers we hire will never have to be repaid as long as you remain in the Coalition. The income the workers we hire receive will be treated the same as if they were hired by one of your world's employers. You will collect the income tax from these workers we hire and those funds may be spent however your government wishes. Hiring that 37% will provide a large stimulus to your economy, and at no expense to you or any businesses." The Admiral stated. "We expect a full economic recovery for the Ecolan Union by the end of next year."
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecolan Union 25th April 2015, 4:15 pm

"It's around 37%... Like I said, we're a poor planet. Most people who are employed are paid well, in our standards. In international standards though, they would be classified as poverty. With the program's you wish too implement though, wages will steadily increase as the economy improves. I will see to that."
Ecolan Union
Ecolan Union

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 25th April 2015, 3:57 pm

"Anything we put here on the surface and in orbit will be fully funded by the Galactic Empire. What is your system's unemployment rate like? Out of all of your citizens, how many of them are unemployed?" The Admiral asked. "We have programs that can put your unemployed to work, this helps both of us in that it decreases the amount of welfare the unemployed and homeless use up AND it provides us with a workforce in this region of the Galaxy. We will pay them according to wages for the same positions on your world so that the program does not have an adverse affect on your economy. We wouldn't want construction workers or garbage men earning three times more than your wealthiest citizens now would we?" The Admiral laughed.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecolan Union 25th April 2015, 9:50 am

"Will we have to build and supply the ground facilities, or will they be completley funded and made by the Empire?"
Ecolan Union
Ecolan Union

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 25th April 2015, 2:04 am

"The only other things we require is that you sign the appropriate forms and we install the orbital facilities and the ground based garrison facilities. The Imperial Navy maintains small garrison forces for the purpose of added security and a stronger Coalition presence. On other worlds, members allow Imperial garrison forces to mingle with the civilian population and even purchase goods from local vendors. Imperial forces will be required to be uniformed when off-post to be easily identified and have all identification papers on their person at all times. Aside from those other stipulations, they would have no authority outside of their garrison facilities unless directly authorized by a unanimous vote of the Coalition Council. You can of course choose to confine Imperial forces to the garrison facilities." The Admiral finished.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecolan Union 24th April 2015, 11:17 pm

The two men walked inside. The palace was made out of Quartz and marble, which are very rare resources on the Planet and are extremely valuable. The men headed to the meeting room. Two stormtroopers were allowed to enter the meeting room, the others where to stay just outside the door, with othr Ecolan soldiers, for security reasons. As soon as they took their seats, King Staufen continued:
"Even if the populace isn't ready for this kind of international attention, joining the Coalition would prove very benefitial to the Ecolan Union. And once we get colonies, we would flourish." King Staufen said this last part to himself. "Admiral, what exactly do we need to do to join the Coalition? I believe that the Ecolan Union should. I only hope the populace sees that this is for the betterment of their lives, but isoltionists have a rather odd way of looking at things, I suppose."
Ecolan Union
Ecolan Union

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 24th April 2015, 1:50 am

"Your palace architecture is very interesting, I'm no scholar of architecture but I'm sure your people put a great many man hours into constructing it. As to any catch to being in the Coalition, there is none. Even smaller members like yourself can benefit us. The truth is, the Coalition has no influence in this region of space. Having the Ecolan Union join the Coalition would give us a strategic foothold in this region, and your world would eventually become the primary trading hub for this region... and that would have its own advantages. As the trading hub for this region, you would be able to decide the amount of and collect taxes on any non-Coalition goods that passed through the region. There are thousands of nameless neutral systems out there and in terms of a government the Coalition is the only thing they have, we maintain the shipping lanes so the Coalition is not only authorized, but we are in the perfect position to tax all trade goods. Most neutral systems decide to remain neutral, but they appreciate us ensuring the continuation of secure commerce." The Admiral explained.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecolan Union 23rd April 2015, 7:58 pm

"So, even a relatively poor planet like us would receive scientific advancement and guaranteed defense, as well as trade benefits? This seems too good to be true... is there a catch? Other then having to go to war when a coalition member is attacked, of course."
As King Staufen said this, they arrived at the palace. There was relatively low defence, considering the circumstances. It was very easy for the Admiral to notice this.
Ecolan Union
Ecolan Union

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 23rd April 2015, 12:35 am

"I understand your skepticism, considering your people's history. There are many benefits to being a member of the coalition but let me start by saying, members of the Coalition are free to choose the level at which they participate in our activities. The prime benefit of the Coalition is mutual Scientific Advancement, all members share research on every subject. The Imperial Navy, for example, incorporates technologies from every corner of the Galaxy as do the warships of our allies. We are all equals technologically, no one power has monopoly on technology... there is much more cooperation this way and it improves diplomatic relations as well as boosting research. Imagine the greatest minds from all corners of the Galaxy working on the same problems, but from different perspectives. We were able to devise a way to defeat the Undine in only days... after they destroyed almost half of our combined star fleet and occupied numerous worlds. Even the seemingly unstoppable obstacles prove little challenge to our Science Corps.

"Advantage two is Mutual Defense. We have what is called a "Mutual Defense Pact," this requires members to come to the defense of any other member. Combined, we have the strongest military force available in the Galaxy. We have the monopoly on power in the Coalition, no one dares challenge the Coalition because in mere hours we can have twenty thousand warships in any sector of the Galaxy and millions of troops. The Coalition is the most secure organization to exist in this chaotic galaxy, we protect peace and justice throughout the realms. If you wish the Coalition to do so, we would install Orbital Defense Platforms in orbit of your home world and any colonies. These defense platforms are the latest in orbital defense. Included with the defense platforms we will provide the necessary resources to fully upgrade your military forces to be at-par with ours as well as provide Advanced Training, so your personnel are trained to deal with combatting hostile alien forces if the need should arise.

"The third advantage is of course, economic. Through a Trade Partnership, we will fill any resource needs your people have. On top of that, any resources you export to other members of the Coalition for trade purposes are free from tariffs. There is also a Coalition Council, of which you would be a member of. The Council meets to discuss matters of Galactic Law, security, trade, diplomatic relations and sometimes war. The Council has only met three times, two of these meetings were to discuss war. I believe that's all I can think of at the moment, but if you have any further questions regarding the Coalition I will be more than happy to answer them."
The Admiral finished.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecolan Union 22nd April 2015, 5:24 pm

"As you just stated, we're isolationists. I hav  no idea how the people would react to such major changes. While I really appreciate the offer, I don't know if the people of the EcolanUnion are ready to recieve so much intergalactic attention at once. For mor then 3,000 years, our people have been wary of new things and exploring the great beyond. I believe that it's time  to change that, but I'm not sure if we should join just yet." King Staufen paused for a minute. "What are the benefits of being in the Coalition? I mean no disrespect in the way I say that, I realize it may sound like I'm being selfish."
Ecolan Union
Ecolan Union

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 22nd April 2015, 5:06 pm

The Admiral followed King Staufen, "I understand your concern about inflation, having been isolationist for so long your economy has not been integrated into that of the galactic economy. This is actually the first time a leader was worried about inflation of their people's currency, but I assure you that inflation will not be an issue. Trade is done solely through material goods, currency is only applicable within each realm. For instance, in order to go to and purchase goods from vendors on New Coruscant you would need Imperial Credits... but to trade with the Galactic Empire you would only need resources and material goods. We secure a steady flow of resources from our allies and other affiliates in many ways, one way is by providing defense forces in areas that our allies would otherwise be unable to. The Imperial Navy has maintained defense forces, battle stations, and garrison facilities in the territory of our allies... this not only improves cooperation between our differing military forces but it also cuts their defense costs by more than half. Our forces that are assigned to allied space are put under direct command of said allies to prevent conflicts of interest." The Admiral paused,

"I'm sure you're aware, but the Galactic Empire has been at the center of galactic civilization for over four decades since the fall of the United Federation of Planets. Since that time we have tried desperately to bring peace and stability to all corners of the Galaxy, until recently we could not accomplish these seemingly simple goals. With the formation of the Coalition we have been able to secure most of the Galaxy from criminal enterprise and civil unrest, but even we are not invincible... as we saw during the Undine War when they nearly made it to New Coruscant. Since the end of the Undine War, we have upgraded our naval forces with the latest weaponry and defense systems. We share our HyperDrive technology with any friendly species, we are prepared to hand over schematics for HyperDrive today. HyperDrive will enable you to travel from one end of the Galaxy to the other in a very short amount of time while expending very little fuel. We'd like the Ecolan Union to join the Coalition, the Coalition is an alliance between five of the galactic powers: The Confederacy of the Fedonians, the Royal Terran/Japanese Confederation, the Confederate States of Canada, the Confederacy of Independent Droids and of course, the Galactic Empire." The Admiral finished, slightly out of breath.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecolan Union 21st April 2015, 6:30 pm

"While I appreciate your concern and attempt to help, I don't believe adding more money in circulation is a good idea. In a time like this, inflation would skyrocket. The only thing I will request is food and medical supplies instead of money. I appreciate the offer though." King Staufen II turned to one of the guards, said a few words to him in German, and then the guard started to run back to the palace. King Staufen II turned back to the admiral.
"We'll head to the palace now. If you have any questions or concerns along the way, please do tell."
Ecolan Union
Ecolan Union

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 21st April 2015, 5:09 pm

"Yes, they will be joining us... unless their presence conflicts with your security. One of the things I wanted to discuss while I was here was your reconstruction following the Undine invasion, the Galactic Empire would like to help fund your system's recovery as we are doing with all affected systems." The Admiral replied.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecolan Union 21st April 2015, 6:53 am

"No, I agree with you. But in the Undne invasion our buildings we use to beam people up and down were destroyed, so I assumed it was impossible to beam down here." The two guards looked at the admiral suspiciously, but didn't say anything. It wasn't pesonal, but they rarely see foreigners, being on the edge of the galaxy and whatnot. "I am King Conrad Staufen II, King of both Ecola and Napalsa. Since my father inherited Napalsa from their king, they became under our rule. We've basically made them into our country, but at this time they are officially a different nation then ours, but still under our control." King Conrad clears his throat. "Well, we should be going. We should get to discussing relations and trade and all that. I assume that your soldiers will be coming with you?"
Ecolan Union
Ecolan Union

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 20th April 2015, 11:47 pm

Admiral P'Toch appeared in front of the Ecolan King out of thin air, with him were eight Imperial Stormtroopers.

"Your Majesty, it is an honor to meet you. I am Admiral P'Toch of the Galactic Empire." The Admiral introduced himself with a slight bow, "You'll have to forgive our sudden appearance, transporters are much more efficient and not to mention safer than a shuttle."
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecolan Union 20th April 2015, 9:48 pm

"Admiral P'Toch, your are clear to land a shuttle at these coordinates. Welcome."
Waiting by the landing pad was the king, with a guard at either side. He patiently waited for the shuttle to land.
Ecolan Union
Ecolan Union

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 19th April 2015, 4:38 pm

A small Imperial fleet exits HyperSpace in orbit of the Ecolan Union, the Star Destroyer Dauntless hails them:

"This is Admiral P'Toch of the Galactic Empire, I have been sent to meet your leaders on behalf of Emperor Askaari." A Humanoid male's voice stated in the extremely brief message.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecolan Union 16th April 2015, 3:36 pm

A response message was sent back to the Empire. It stated that the Ecolan King agreed to begin relations with the Empire. The king wishes to hold the meeting on the Ecolan home world.
Ecolan Union
Ecolan Union

Back to top Go down

Meeting between Ecolan and Imperial Dignitaries Empty Meeting between Ecolan and Imperial Dignitaries

Post by The Galactic Empire 16th April 2015, 2:35 pm

The Ecolan Union received a message from the Galactic Empire, inviting them to begin diplomatic relations of some sort. The message also asked if it would be better for the Ecolans if the meeting was held on their world.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down